When Lizzie turned two, she started becoming really interested in scripture stories. I searched the web a bit and found this website. It was a dream come true. Instant (well, after a bit of work) flannel board scripture stories. My kids love them and they are easy to whip out for a quick FHE lesson, or (my kids favorite) just on a regular old afternoon when not one of their gazillion toys are capturing their interest.
I didn’t take any pictures of the actual process of me making these, but here’s the basic instructions:
1. Go to the above website and copy the pictures (and text) into Word. Print them out and color the pictures. Yes, it can be somewhat time consuming…ask your older to kids to help, I’m sure they would jump on the opportunity.
2. Laminate the pictures. You can either go to staples, or you can do what I did (the much cheaper, but much more time consuming option) and that is to simply use packaging tape.
3. Attach sand paper, or felt, to the back of the pictures. I used my hot glue gun to attach my felt. (If you want, you can also attach the pictures to Popsicle stick’s to make little puppets. Or, you can put stick-able magnets on the back and use a cookie sheet rather than a felt board).
4. Insert the printed out story and the flannel board figures into a plastic sheet cover.
5. Store all of the stories in a big binder.
That’s it! It does take some time, but it’s worth it. Good Luck!