Summer Olympics are one of my favorite things. Now that the Olympics are over and I’m in official withdrawals, I thought I’d come on here and go through my 12 steps, or list my 12 things I will miss the most, to get un-addicted to the Olympics.
1. Sitting with the boys and watching Michael Phelps win his 21st Olympic medal, and then going out to the pool and watching Mikey do the backstroke all on his own and hear him say he’s going to be an Olympic swimmer someday.
2. Taking a time-out in that same pool and explaining to the kids that even though Ryan Lochte pees in the pool, WE do not.
3. Cheering on Gaby Douglas and remembering how my siblings and I used to memorize Domenique Moceanu’s floor routine from the ’96 Olympics.
4. Crying every time that Oscar Pistorius crossed the finish line.
6. Watching Will and Kate hug and do the wave (I’m one of the weirdos that really loves that British couple 🙂 )
7. Misty May and Kerri Walsh’s three peat Gold! Woot Woot! And have to add Misty May’s after the match camera shout-outs (Happy Birthday Mike! Here’s to the Troops! Go Dodgers!) Love her and will miss watching her.
8. Seeing Great Britain’s Mo Farah and the USA’s Galen Rupp get 1-2 in the Men’s 10,000 Meters. Love cheering for best friends 🙂
9. Watching The Dream Team 6.0 win basketball Gold (and hearing about Superman coming to L.A)
10. Watching Kenya’s David Rudisha crush his world record in 800-meter race with a time of 40.91 seconds. The person who came in last in that race would’ve got Gold in the last three Summer Olympics.
11. Even though Bolt was amazing, I’m not going to miss when he says stuff like this: “I am now a living legend. Bask in my glory.”
12. Gotta love that Missy Franklin. She is just so happy all the time!
Go USA! 104 Medals! Let’s get ready for Rio!