I made these Popsicle stick puzzles to help keep my kids busy (for at least a few minutes) during General Conference.
Want to make some too?
Here’s how I did it!
Church-related pictures (I looked through old issues of the Ensign and found a bunch)
Large Popsicle Sticks
1. Find a picture and cut it to the right size (small enough to fit on top of Popsicle sticks).
2. Cover the picture with Popsicle sticks.
3. Place masking tape on the Popsicle sticks (this will be the BACK).
4. Coat the back of the picture with an even layer of mod podge. Place the picture on top of the Popsicle sticks and smooth out the lumps. Apply a layer of mod podge on top of the picture as well to seal it.
5. After the glue has completely dried, remove the masking tape from the back. Use the utility knife to separate the pieces. I tried going through the back but I failed miserably. I found that the best way to cut and separate the pieces is to bend the pieces slightly and cut on the front of the puzzle (just cut on top of the line).
That’s it! You can simply leave it as it is, or you can do what I did and attach magnets to the back. I decided to put magnets on the back so that my kids can play with them on top of cookie sheets and the pieces will stay together better. But that’s up to you!