(photo credit) (couldn’t get my camera to work)
I make this casserole every year for Michael’s work party and it is a HUGE hit! If I made this in a regular Pyrex, it would get eaten, but rather ordinarily. Putting this in a pumpkin makes this something people will talk about until the next year when you make it 🙂
- small to medium pumpkin- 1
- onion- 1/2, chopped
- vegetable oil- a few tablespoons
- ground beef- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs.
- soy sauce- 3 tablespoons
- brown sugar- 2 tablespoons
- cream of mushroom soup- 1 can
- cooked rice- 1 1/2 – 2 cups
- Wash off outside of the pumpkin.
- Cut off top of the pumpkin and save, and thoroughly clean out seeds and pulp.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and beef.
- Stir in soy sauce, brown sugar and soup.
- Add the cooked rice and mix evenly.
- Spoon mixture into clean pumpkin shell.
- Replace pumpkin’s top.
- Place filled pumpkin onto a baking sheet.
- Bake one hour or until meat of the pumpkin is tender.
Mmmmm, Love it!