I came across this recipe shortly after I had Bryce and I love it. I have tweaked it a bit from the original. I won’t lie, it’s not too healthy. But who cares, right? Sometimes you just want a bite of comfort. And this recipe hits the spot!
Chicken Pot Pie
Refrigerated Pie Crust (or you can make your own, of course, but I have yet to make a successful pie crust from scratch)
1/2 cup butter
1 chopped onion
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt (or more according to taste)
1/2 teaspoon pepper (or less according to taste)
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 tablespoon dried parsley
2 cups frozen peas and carrots (I have also used fresh before, but frozen is just easier)
2 cups cooked chicken (I am usually lazy and I boil and then shred the chicken breasts)
1. Preheat the oven to 450
2. Cook the onion in the butter until the onions turn translucent.
3. Add the flour and stir for 1 minute
4. Add the milk and chicken broth and boil for 2 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and add the seasonings, vegetables, and chicken. Mix thoroughly.
6. Grease a 8X8 inch glass pan (or, I’m sure you can use a pie plate). Place pie crust on the bottom and sides of the dish. Pour chicken mixture on top of the pie crust. Place additional pie crust on top of the chicken mixture until it is all sealed inside.
7. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until the pie crust is cooked thoroughly.